WHAT HAPPENS TO MY REGULATOR SET WHEN I BRING IT IN FOR SERVICE?
1. Receive your regulators into our system with complete serial numbers & with any
existing issues notated. Complete & print a comprehensive work order.
2. Enter your service item(s) into our service logs.
3. Place your regulators into a clean work bin with Service Work Order.
4. Visually inspect all regulator components, including SPG, and all hoses.
5. Perform an incoming test bench check on your regulator to evaluate performance &
determine operational condition, log results on the service work order.
6. Diagram your regulator’s configuration prior to teardown to ensure proper reassembly.
7. Separate all regulator stages, gauges, and all hoses from each other.
8. Visually inspect all hoses & hose O-rings.
9. Remove all hose O-rings & ultra-sonically clean hose ends as needed.
10. Replace all hose O-rings as needed.
11. Remove SPG Instruments from gauge boots & inspect your SPG, SPG swivel & HP hose.
12. Clean & replace SPG components as needed. Replace HP O-rings with appropriate parts.
13. Completely disassemble all parts of regulator 1st stage.
14. Inspect & replace any worn or damaged 1st stage parts prior to cleaning. (All
replacement parts are hand inspected prior to installation onto regulator.)
15. Carefully place all metal 1st stage parts into ultra-sonic cleaner with appropriate solution.
16. Completely clean all metal 1st stage parts with ultra-sonic cleaner.
17. Thoroughly clean all 1st stage plastic, rubber, & silicon parts by hand.
18. Fully disassemble all 2nd stage regulators’ components.
19. Inspect and replace any worn or damaged 2nd stage parts prior to cleaning.
20. Carefully place all metal 2nd stg. parts in an ultra-sonic cleaner with appropriate solution.
21. Completely clean all metal 2nd stage parts with ultra-sonic cleaner.
22. Thoroughly clean all 2nd stage plastic, rubber, and silicone parts by hand.
23. Inspect 2nd stg. Mouthpieces/inhalation diaphragms for any damage. Replace if needed.
24. Inspect 2nd stage regulator body to insure there are no visible cracks.
25. Clean all parts to be compatible to EANx 40% (100% O2 cleaning is available).
26. Assemble 1st stage regulator with MFG’s Original parts kits & O2 compatible lube.
27. Assemble 2nd stg. regulator w/ MFG’s Original parts kits & O2 compatible lubricant.
28. Reassemble complete regulator system to match initial hose configuration.
29. Test break in new high-pressure seat with Quick Set Seat & Poppet Seating Machine.
30. Machine tune regulator on Magnehelic test bench & set Intermediate Pressure, 2nd stage
Cracking Effort & Flow Rate to the manufacturer’s specifications.
31. Test & verify there are no gas leaks in the system.
32. Ensure all valves are seated properly & regulator system is delivering gas to MFG specs.
33. Log bench test results on the service work order.
34. Complete warranty paperwork if applicable.
35. Account for labor, parts / parts kits utilized & generate detailed invoice.
36. Secure all old removed parts available for owner’s review.
37. Record results of completed bench test of regulator performance on service work order.